Friday 14 November 2014

JUXTAPOSE THE REWARD WITH THE DESIRED BEHAVIOUR


Now-a days,Delhi season is under change .Winter is knocking the door .
It is evening and i myself is feeling a bit of cold while my son ,11 yrs old is careless and is hardly listening to my suggestion to wear the sweater to overcome cold.Already he is having cold and his voice is choked.I asked him to wear the sweater indicating that he may be dropped from gymnastics team of his school due to illness Such veiled persuation  to wear had no impact .

After some time ,he wore sweater which was surprising to me .On probing i came across the fact that he wore sweater  because he was concerned that his  mother would not  give him "mixtures" to eat  unless he wore the sweater .

This event brought my attention to the importance of  immediate need of child..I was trying to have result based on fulfillment of  remote need  of child For a child, fulfillment of his distant need has little significance for immediate action ..

SO IN CONTEXT OF CHILD BEHAVIOR ,JUXTAPOSE THE REWARD WITH THE DESIRED BEHAVIOUR and that reward should be related to actual need of child (not the perceived need)



No comments:

Post a Comment